How to find a Spanish Sworn Translator?

Members have emailed us asking how they can contact a sworn translator, and whether we can recommend one. 

Spanish sworn translators need to sit an exam, or pass specific subjects within their university degree to get the recognition of sworn translator/interpreter. Once they do, they have a stamp and can certify that a document is an accurate translation of another document. They can translate from language A to language B, and viceversa, and sworn translations include a copy of the original document signed and stamped by the professional. I have had clients whose translations were rejected because they had forgotten to attach the copy of the Spanish document that I had signed!

If you need to hire the services of a sworn translator, you only need to access the webpage of the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation.

There you can find a link to a list with all the official sworn translators. The list is ordered by language and Spanish cities, and you can also find what is the best way to contact them.

We hope this helps!



Carlos Miras